Business needs a reset.
I can support you in leading the necessary transformation. Here is the problem and my proposed way forward:
We have a problem…
As a leader, you sensed something wasn’t right. You were conscious of digital disruption and were perhaps to some extent embracing the 4IR narrative. But it was becoming increasingly obvious that past successes were not a predictor of future successes. It was becoming apparent that your hard-earned experience and skillset were becoming less valuable.
And then Covid-19 arrives. It rapidly dawns on you that
digitalisation is not the answer.
It’s getting worse…
You are now in new territory. Like everyone else globally, you are experiencing disruption first hand.
You do not know how to respond. However you do know that your organisation’s decision-making processes are arthritic. You are torn between taking risks and protecting the organisation’s assets. Your people are anxious and working sub-optimally. Despite the chaos, and a more flexible outlook in respect of homeworking, your organisation is stuck in a groove.
It finally dawns on you that that
the rules of the game have changed. Your executive education to date has become a liability. Specifically, it dawns on you that strategic planning has evolved into a new fictional genre.
There is a way forward…
This is where I come in. I can help you build an organisation that thrives on disruption. One that is less ‘inert factory’ and more a living, sensing, situationally aware organism. One that
harnesses the cognitive capacity of your people and amplifies it using new technologies and data.
I can help you build a genuinely future-proofed, stakeholder-friendly organisation, where you are the hero and where disruption transforms from adversary to ally.
How can I help?
My focus is to help your organisation thrive in what is increasingly an unknowable future. I refer to this organisational trait as super-resilience. Such organisations are people-centric, data-driven, innovative and are experiment-driven. This is largely at odds with the industrial era model that many organisations are clinging to. Technology is part of the solution, but again digitalisation is not enough.
These can range from a keynote speech at an internal event through to one-to-one conversations with key stakeholders.
This can be built into the agenda of more general leadership gatherings. Typically it would be of a half day duration. The objective would be to ensure all attendees have a strong sense of the problem as it applies to your organisation and to identify the primary actions that will drive the necessary transformation.
Advisory / coaching
This might include:
- Conducting a detailed assessment / establishing a baseline from which to launch the transformation.
- Support the building of a transformation governance infrastructure.
- Provide guidance in various aspects of the transformation process.
Transformation will only succeed if everyone knows the associated why, what, when and how. This might include developing an internal online training programme to enable all employees to understand what is happening and how they need to similarly transform. Online training will provide employees with more flexibility in respect of how they integrate the learning into their operational responsibilities.
There may well be a need to develop an educational programme for the wider stakeholders.
- 1 Provide the leadership team with an understanding of the scope of the problem and an approach to resolving it.
- If not blatantly obvious, assess and prioritise where transformation is required.
- Establish governance structure so that the transformation can be driven from within the organisation. NB. Transformation is not a project or programme, it is an operating model and so the organisation will always be in ‘transformation mode’.
- Support transformation in an advisory and coaching capacity, where required.
- Work with your people development function to develop an educational programme that will facilitate the required cultural and capability transformation. This might well include online courses.
The key benefits of engaging me:
- You will be engaging with one of the few people who fully understand the scope of the transformation required.
- You will regain control of your organisation. It will be less at the mercy of the macro-environmental forces at play.
- You will grow an organisation that is people-centric, using new technologies to augment their natural cognitive capabilities.
- You and your people will personally transform during the organisational transformation.
We wanted someone who would engage our leadership differently. Ade did this brilliantly. Engaging, fast paced and multifaceted. Just what was needed to shake things up a little in the last session of our conference!
We recently held a conference in Milan around “Digital” for our senior partners throughout the MED region (Italy, Spain and Portugal) and Ade joined us by VC as a keynote speaker. Even by VC Ade kept the audience captive with lots of note taking and it also provoked a lot of discussion after the event. One of the most compelling keynote speakers that we have had in the MED region.
Ade understands business and IT opportunities through the lens of executives and how to present this back in a concise manner with clear takeaways.
Ade spoke at an event for around 250 of our UK & Israel Technology team. Ade has a fantastic presentation style, and it was clear in the prep calls that he was able to take our overall theme of the event and link that to his presentation. I would highly recommend Ade as a motivational speaker and thought leader.
Ade McCormack sounds a much-needed clarion call for IT to “grow up” and become a mature business function.