The 7 rules for successful digital leadership
- Ensure the CEO understands digital.
- If the CIO doesn’t get the application of new tech to achieve strategic objectives, find one that does.
- If the CIO is tied up in operational IT matters rename her role IT manager.
- Put the CFO on a risk management course that has been updated in the last 5 years.
- Ensure sales staff have value to offer over and above the offerings the organisation provides.
- Dismantle HR. ‘Managing’ talent is not the objective. The best talent will flock to those organisations doing the best work for clients. Plus they will bring their own terms and conditions and benefits packages.
- Dismantle procurement. An obsession with cost is indicative of a dying business model.