The much lauded series depicting how a mild mannered chemistry teacher climbs the uncorporate ladder of the crystal meth industry provides us with the evolving nature of leadership in the digital economy.
Whilst the use of e-commerce or even a website was not prevalent, the following points are perhaps worth noting:
- In a buyer's market quality of offering is imperative.
- Industrialising the back end to provide quality consistency.
- Having access to third party services in order to scale in line with market demands.
- Building a brand around the offering. Its not just crystal meth. It's blue.
- A cellular business model minimises security risks.
- Be flexible in your supply chain and routes to market.
- Strategy and tactics are merged.
It also highlights the futility of work-life balance. Integrated is the key.