The strategic relevance challenge
As a provider of enterprise products and services that are underpinned by IT, you recognise the importance of positioning in respect of cultivating strategic relevance in the eyes of your market.
But here is the problem and the proposed way forward:
Not all enterprise technology organisations value marketing. They may well have a marketing department, but the spend largely sits with the sales function. This is not necessarily because the organisation is myopic, but perhaps because marketing is misaligned with sales or sees its role as purely ‘top of funnel’ based.
Sales people need support at every stage of the sales cycle and they need help that is less about how great your organisation is and more about stimulating the minds of the targeted senior executives.
I have worked with the world’s most pre-eminent technology players in respect of influencing CxOs.
Your sales people will value anything that shows that your organisation is a thought leader in respect of the issues CxOs care about. There is only one real issue today and that is how to handle the increasingly disruptive forces at play, Covid 19 being just one.
I can speak at your c-level events and thus demonstrate to your clients and prospects that your organisation sees the world from their perspective and understands the problems they face, perhaps better than they do.
I can support you in respect of intimate gatherings right through to arena-scale events. The ‘inspiring slap in the face’ they receive will help you move into uncharted transformational territory, rather than simply responding to problematic ‘request for digitalisation’ proposals.
Workshops offer a way to take the conversation to the next level. I can work with you and your subject matter experts to create valuable experiences for your c-suite contacts and in turn deepen the connection between your organisation and the key decision makers.
I have a structure for disruption / transformation workshops, adapted for virtual delivery, that can be tuned to ensure your key messages are woven into the content in a value-enhancing manner.
It is often difficult to develop campaigns that truly catch the attention of the CxO. There is a tendency to ‘follow the herd’, so themes such as AI, Cloud and digital transformation are repeatedly put to jaded prospects. Such topics might be highly relevant to your offerings, but they need to be packaged in themes that truly resonate with the c-suite.
I can work with you to develop both your written and live content, so that you are not simply a hue variant from your competitors in the eyes of your market.
Online training enables people to learn in their own time. Such training can form the basis of a c-suite academy. The content would include your content and through a forum infrastructure the content of the community.
It could also serve to support the clients and prospects of your channel partners.
- Understand the extent to which you are already strategically positioning your organisation and its offerings.
- If necessary, provide guidance on how you can map your offerings on to the issues that CxOs care most about.
- Support your thought leadership initiatives in respect of writing and live events. Or indirectly so, by guiding those that are responsible for thought leadership output.
- Subject to your brand aspirations, I can help you build a c-suite academy that can serve to educate your marketing targets, expose them to your messaging and benefit from being part of an exclusive group made up of their peers.
The key benefits of engaging me:
- I have worked with most of the global enterprise technology brands and thus have a sense of what does and doesn’t work.
- My content is considered inspiring, mind-moving and very relevant to the c-suite.
- My personal branding as a former FT columnist and executive educator with Cambridge University and so on will work in your favour.
- Your sales function will be grateful that your c-suite relevant output is priming them for success.
We wanted someone who would engage our leadership differently. Ade did this brilliantly. Engaging, fast paced and multifaceted. Just what was needed to shake things up a little in the last session of our conference!
We recently held a conference in Milan around “Digital” for our senior partners throughout the MED region (Italy, Spain and Portugal) and Ade joined us by VC as a keynote speaker. Even by VC Ade kept the audience captive with lots of note taking and it also provoked a lot of discussion after the event. One of the most compelling keynote speakers that we have had in the MED region.
Ade understands business and IT opportunities through the lens of executives and how to present this back in a concise manner with clear takeaways.
Ade spoke at an event for around 250 of our UK & Israel Technology team. Ade has a fantastic presentation style, and it was clear in the prep calls that he was able to take our overall theme of the event and link that to his presentation. I would highly recommend Ade as a motivational speaker and thought leader.
Ade McCormack sounds a much-needed clarion call for IT to “grow up” and become a mature business function.